leetCountry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GUNPLA/PLAMO

2 posters

Go down

GUNPLA/PLAMO Empty GUNPLA/PLAMO

Post  Nero Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:18 pm

GUNPLA/PLAMO Gunpla

For the uninitiated, Gunpla means "Gundam plastic model kits" in shorthand. In relation, the word plamo means "plastic model kits".

Mecha as a genre owes much of its popularity through the plastic model kit merchandise they come up with. Especially Bandai's Gundam series and its spin-offs; if it weren't for Gunpla, First Gundam (the term used to refer to the very first Gundam cartoon back in 1979) wouldn't be granted reruns after it was initially pulled out of Japanese television.

So, I call upon my fellow plamo enthusiasts... Let's keep this thread updated with model kit madness! Well, not just about Bandai's/Gundam! I suppose you could also talk about KOTOBUKIYA's kits, too! Or Hasegawa's classic Macross kits! Whatever floats your plastic boats!

Get to cutting those gates, mates!
Nero
Nero

Back to top Go down

GUNPLA/PLAMO Empty Re: GUNPLA/PLAMO

Post  Nero Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:23 pm

Forgot to mention this...

GUNPLA/PLAMO Gundam30th

Since Gundam is celebrating its 30th Anniversary this year (1979-2009), there have been a lot of cool stuff released to commemorate this event.

I'll try to post some of them here soon.
Nero
Nero

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Gabat Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:24 am

Nice! I think I have an article in regards to the 1/1 scale RX-78 Gundam that the japanese peeps made for the 30th anniversary of Gundam.

Unfortunately, I do not collect Gunpla. However, I do collect Zoids. And if you wanna know the latest news about it - KOTOBUKIYA just released a new HMM(Highend Master Model) of RZ-030 Gun Sniper!

You check it here.
Paul Gabat
Paul Gabat
Admin

https://leetcountry.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum